Al-Quds University Career Center, a growing team of diverse professionals, is the first comprehensive one-
stop center of its kind in Palestine to prepare students and graduates for a successful future career.
• Visit AQU Career Center to learn about its services, programs, resources, and opportunities.
• Explore your interests, skills, abilities, and values by taking a self-assessment test.
• Book an appointment or drop-in to see a career counselor to discuss your self-assessment results and to
• explore career and major options that fit your interests, skills, and abilities.
• Create a professional email address to build trust and credibility.
• Learn a foreign language that fits with your career goals.
• Join a student club and/or participate in campus activities to develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
• Create your baseline resume and identify gaps in your experience.
• Pursue a part-time job, or volunteering opportunity to gain experience and build skills.
• Check your social media profiles to ensure that they are appropriate and professional.
• Maintain a cumulative average of 80% throughout your study.
Year 2 – PREPARE
• Decide on a major that fits with your interests, skills, abilities, values, and career goals and aspirations.
• Book an appointment or drop-in to see a career counselor to discuss your short- and mid-term career goals.
• Register for career development workshops offered by AQU Career Center.
• Attend Employer Information Sessions to learn more about your major and career field, and network.
• Visit AQU Career Fair and participate in networking events to build self-confidence, practice speaking about yourself and make connections.
• Schedule a mock interview with a career counselor to prepare for a summer job or volunteering
• Practice writing cover letters and get them checked by a career counselor.
• Ask faculty for permission to serve as references.
• Apply for a part-time job, or volunteering opportunity to gain experience and build skills.
• Build an on-line brand for yourself by creating a LinkedIn account.
Year 3 – CONNECT
• Register for the “Skills for the Workplace” course to develop and enhance your job market skills, namely, critical thinking, English communication, problem solving, and teamwork.
• Select a minor that enhances your skills and supports your career goals and plans.
• Participate in the Employer Site Visit Program to identify potential summer internship opportunities.
• Visit AQU Career Fair and participate in networking events to build self-confidence, practice speaking about yourself, and make connections.
• Schedule a mock interview with a career counselor to prepare for a summer job, internship, or student exchange program.
• Complete a summer internship, career-related part-time work, or apply for a student-exchange program.
• Update your resume and have it critiqued by a career counselor.
• Check up your social media profiles to polish your online presence.
Year 4 – ACHIEVE
• Update your resume and LinkedIn profile and have them checked by a career counselor.
• Identify companies, banks, or organizations that interest you and network to establish contacts.
• Regularly check AQU Career Center website and other websites for job or postgraduate opportunities three to six months before graduation and apply immediately.
• Schedule a final mock interview with a career counselor.
• Ask faculty and professional contacts for permission to serve as references.
• Create your 30-Second Elevator Pitch for networking and practice how to deliver it with confidence.
• Attend the AQU Career Fair Crash Course.
• Participate in AQU Career Fair to secure a job or an internship opportunity.
• Report your success story to the AQU Alumni Relations and update your contact information to stay in touch with us beyond graduation.